Head, Department of Emergency Medicine
MBBS- K.V.G Medical College, Sullia, Karnataka, DEM (RCGP UK) MRCEM (UK)
- AHA Certified ACLS/BLS Instructor
- IAP Certified PALs Provider
- ATLS Provider
- Certified in Pain Management
- Certified in Diabetes Management
Dr. Susmeet Mishra has 9 years of experience in the field of Emergency medicine and has worked in various corporate hospitals as an Emergency Physician. He is passionate and dedicated to the field and is proficient in managing all types of emergency and trauma cases including tertiary and critical case cases. He takes keen interest in academics and is skilled and adept in supervising juniors and colleagues. He has been one of the pioneers in the field of Emergency Medicine in the state and ha scontributedimensly in the training of junior doctors, nurses, paramedics as well as policemen. He is a member of the Critical Care Unit of the Commissionerate Police, Bhubaneswar, and has been instrumental in training the police for setting up the PCR Vans for first aid training. He has been conducting provider courses in ACLS/BLS both in and outside the hospital, being an instructor, and has contributed to saving lives by training more and more people. His interest in academics is evidenced by the fact that he has multiple publications to his name. Published a rare case report on “Asymmetrical and Late-onset Pulmonary Qedema post scorpion sting” in the international journal of Emergency medicine (IJEM)- June 2017. Has recently written a chapter on “HIV Infections” in the Textbook o Emergency Medicine including Intensive care and Trauma by Jaypee Publications.
Awards & Recognition
- Dr. Susmeet Mishra is the recipient of the third-best case award for a case report on “Asymmetrical and late-onset pulmonary edema post scorpion sting” in TOXOCON 2017 at Kodaikanal, which was also published in the International Journal of Emergency Management (IJEM) – June 2017.
- Was instrumental in organizing “National Symposium on Clinical Toxicology” as Organsiing Secretary for the first time in Odisha at Institute of Life Sciences I Septemebr 2019 in association with Emergency Physicians of India (EPI) and Indian Society of Toxicology (IST).