HOD, Department of Critical Care Medicine
MBBS- MKCG Medical College Berhampur, MD (Anesthesiology)- AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Critical Care & Anesthesia
- National Board Faculty Examiner in Critical Care & Anesthesiology, Thesis Evaluator and Assessor
Dr. Banambar Ray, HOD Critical Care SUM Ultimate Medicare has done his MD ( Anesthesiology) from AIIMS New Delhi with distinguished records. After completing 3 years of Senior Residency in AIIMS, he joined Tata Main Hospital Jamshedpur as an anesthesiologist and rose to head the Department of Anesthesiology and later headed the Tata Main Hospital. During his 30 years tenure at TMH, he established the Critical Care Unit and developed it and the parent Anesthesiology department which later became centers of excellence with the addition of various National board and ICCM programs. After leaving TMH, he joined Apollo Hospital Bhubaneswar as Chief Consultant in Critical care Medicine and established the Critical Care Medicine department. He initiated the National Board Programs (FNB, DNB) and ICCM programs (IDCCM, IFCCM, IDCCN, CTCCM Courses) in critical care medicine during his 9 years stay. He has 18 years of experience as a faculty in Anesthesiology at the MGM Medical College, Jamshedpur including four and half years stint as a Professor. Dr. Ray has been a life member of IMA, ISA, ISCCM, ISACP, and GAPIO. He has occupied the position of President and Chairman of various professional bodies in Anesthesiology and Critical care Medicine in Bhubaneswar, Jamshedpur, and the Eastern zone of India. He has contributed chapters in textbooks and has numerous publications in national and international journals. He has done pioneering work in the field of TQM in Critical care and Anesthesiology including chairing a subcommittee of ISCCM on Quality Indicators in ICU. He has edited the first book on Critical Care and COVID -19- “A Compendium” in 2021. He has been an outstanding teacher in Critical Care & Anaesthesiology all throughout his career.
Awards & Recognition
- FICCM ( Fellow of Indian College of Critical care Medicine 2016)
- Awarded with 2nd Dr. V A Punnoose Oration at Delhi Society of ISA (2010)
- Awarded and Honored as an outstanding doctor for contribution to society on the Doctor’s Day at Jamshedpur by IMA 2000
- Awarded as “ Nayagarh Gaurav” for outstanding contribution to society in Healthcare (2017)
- Awarded with SHEROO PIROSHAW Award for outstanding publication in the TMH Clinical society
- Awarded the NATIONAL ORATION in ISCCM Annual conference at Kolkata (2013)
- Awarded the President’s Citation Award from ISCCM for his contribution in COVID Pandemic in 2021.